Puppy Purchase Agreement/Health Guarantee
64 North Cordell Road
Oroville, WA 98844
Congratulations on your new special puppy! All of our puppies come with a 36-month Health Guarantee. We take pride in having your puppy ready to hit the ground running, playing and zooming, with proper vaccinations, fully vet checked, wormed, microchipped, well socialized, the beginning blocks of great nutrition, and filled with lots of love as they enter your home! We welcome you to the Denzil’s Golden’s Family!
All of our puppies come with:
- A comprehensive vet check
- All health records and parent’s health clearances
- 3 Year Hip, Elbow, Heart & Eye Guarantee**
- Shots & wormed (appropriate with age)
- Complimentary microchipping
- Limited AKC Registration
- Puppy Packet filled with lots of information put together by us and fun goodies
- A soft blanket smelling like mama to transition with
- Lifetime support from us, for you and your new family member
Name of Purchaser: __________________________________________________
Name of Sire – _________________________________________________
Name of Dam – _________________________________________________
Date Whelped-___________ Picking Order-_________
Color of Collar-______________________
Microchip # __________________________ (TBD @ approx 7 weeks of age)
American Golden Retriever 1/2 English Cream English Cream Male/Female
Full Registration/Limited Registration
Puppy Price: __________ Applicable Discounts: _________
IMPORTANT info you NEED to know!
- Puppies are ready to go to their new homes at 8 weeks old. It is best for the puppy’s well-being and social skills to remain with their litter mates until 8 weeks old. We are firm now that puppies cannot be picked up until they are 8 weeks to the day, due to past experience, and vast research.
- We offer a 36-Month Health Guarantee for Hips, Elbows, Heart and Eyes for all pups that remain on one of the Life’s Abundance Nutritional Systems. This includes Life’s Abundance Premium Dog Food of your choice and a daily wellness supplement. *We have now made the wellness supplement optional, as we realize this increases the cost of the food, and we really want to encourage our customers to feed the food for their dog’s life, as it truly is of great quality. At a minimum, you must keep your pup on Life’s Abundance Premium Dog Food.
- We require a non-refundable deposit/reservation fee of $500 to reserve a puppy. Deposits/reservation fees may be paid by PayPal/Venmo, check, money order, or cash. All deposits/reservation fees paid are non-refundable, but always transferable to future litters. A deposit/reservation fee does not guarantee the current pricing of litters, if the deposit/reservation fee is transferred to a future litter. Deposits/reservation fees are applicable to the final purchase price. The only time a deposit/reservation fee will be refunded is if we cannot provide the gender of puppy requested from the litter requested, or if a puppy does not pass our vet check by 10 weeks of age. When we need to refund a deposit/reservation fee, it will be reimbursed via the original payment method, minus any credit processing fees charged to us originally, within 7 business days. If originally paid by check, we will refund via PayPal or Venmo if requested. We kindly request that if we are charged processing fees in how the deposit or final payment is sent to us, that that amount is added to your final puppy purchase price. A deposit/reservation fee may only be used by the original payor towards a puppy for their family. If transferred, it is only to a future litter, not to a different person or family.
- All of our puppies come with AKC Limited Registration Papers, unless otherwise agreed upon (Limited Registration allows you to register your puppy with AKC as a pet, but they are under a Spay/Neuter Contract). Limited Registration puppies may be shown. Puppies are American Golden Retrievers or European/English Cream Golden Retrievers; both parents are registered with AKC. A copy of your puppy’s AKC Limited Registration will be given upon pick up or mailed within one month.
- Full purchase price is due at the time of puppy pick up. All puppies are $2300, with the $500 reservation fee counting towards that balance. We accept full payment by bank check at least 7 days in advance of pick up, or PayPal/Venmo in advance, but we accept only cash the day of pick up so please plan accordingly. Please understand, there is a reason we ask this, and we have had issues with this in the past. We can ONLY accept cash the day of puppy pick up. We offer a $200 discount for repeat Denzil’s Goldens customers. Denzil’s Goldens reserves the right to verify prior puppy adoption through us, and offer credit accordingly.
- We rarely offer shipping if needed at 8 weeks of age. In the event the puppy is to be shipped, Buyer shall be responsible for all associated costs. We greatly prefer to not ship puppies, simply because it really is stressful on them. If possible, a pet nanny is preferable, or you coming in person. We would love to meet you!
- All Puppies come with a 36-Month Health Guarantee**, Health Records, AKC Papers, microchipped, vaccinated, de-wormed, a Puppy Food sample, a blanket smelling like mama and a folder with lots of information!
- Picking order is guaranteed by order in which deposits/reservation fees are received. We will not reserve a puppy without a deposit/reservation fee in hand, nor will we switch a picking order, or allow someone to pick first, unfairly. We allow customers to wait until they can pick their puppies in person if they desire, so that means if someone has first pick, and you are second, you might not know until your puppy is seven weeks old, what puppy is yours. We now temperament test all puppies and recommend the puppy best suited for your home/needs from each litter. This does not happen until 49 days of age at the earliest. Input/requests/preferences are all noted and reviewed at time of selection from the Puppy Application found on our website. This has been extremely successful in pairing the best puppy for each home with the best home for its individual needs. Denzil’s Goldens reserves final decision in all puppy selections. We are generally very happy to offer the two best suited puppies to choose from, etc., however, it doesn’t always work that way, which is why we out of an abundance of caution do say that we reserve decision making abilities regarding final placement of all puppies.
- Your puppy will be ready for his/her forever home with you at 8 weeks old. Inability to pick up your puppy beyond 8 weeks of age can result in a boarding fee of $30 per day. We have had to become firmer on this policy, to encourage families to be fair to their new pet and pick them up on time and incorporate them into their new homes.
- Breeder guarantees that puppy has had proper care to date and has been checked by a veterinarian and cleared to go to its forever home. Puppy has received its first shots and been de-wormed 4 times, at 2-week intervals. Vaccination records will be furnished at the time of purchase. If puppy is being shipped, a copy of the shots & de-worming records will be shipped or mailed to the buyer.
- If within 72 hours of receiving the puppy and he/she is examined by a reputable veterinarian and the health of the puppy is found to be at serious risk due to a congenital defect (existing at birth), owner shall notify breeder and provide a written statement from a licensed vet describing puppy’s condition and shall return the puppy and papers to the breeder within one week of the examination. Breeder will replace the puppy or refund the full price of the puppy provided puppy is in the same condition mentally and physically as when originally purchased. This does not include worms, fleas, mites, coccidiosis, giardia, or any other parasites, as they are common in dogs and puppies. Breeder assumes no responsibility for veterinarian or shipping fees. Nor is the breeder responsible if puppy contracts a communicable disease after leaving breeder’s possession.
**36 Month Hip, Elbow, Heart and Eye Guarantee:
Because canine hip dysplasia and so many other preventable illnesses are related to poor nutrition, we require that your precious puppy continue with one of the Life’s Abundance “Premium Dog Food” Systems (Your choice of LA Dog Food) for the first 36 months of his/her life in order to qualify for this 3-Year Health Guarantee. Due to the formula of Life’s Abundance, the All Life Stages Food can be fed from puppyhood on, which is amazing! Your puppy is currently on the All Life Stages System + Wellness Supplement. We highly recommend you continue to feed your pet the premium Life’s Abundance food beyond the guarantee period to promote optimal health for a lifetime. If on a “Life’s Abundance” System of your choice (food) for the first 36 months, the following guarantees apply:
- Breeder offers a 36-month hip and elbow guarantee on any puppy found to have moderate or severely affected hip or elbow dysplasia that is found to severely hamper movement and quality of life. Your puppy is guaranteed for 3 years against fatal and life altering genetic disease which adversely affects the health of the animal. This includes severe hip dysplasia which hampers a dog’s movement and requires surgery to correct. The following applies for the Health Guarantee to be honored: The puppy must have a new x-ray by your veterinarian to confirm the diagnosis, it must be documented by an official OFA preliminary or final consultation, or PennHip evaluation(for hips only), and Breeder must receive documentation from routine veterinarian validating the Golden Retriever’s maintained healthy weight throughout lifespan thus far, appropriate diet, as well as validating no signs or symptoms of excessive or inappropriate exercise.
- Breeder offers a 36-month guarantee on any puppy found to have a severe heart murmur (Grade 5/6 or 6/6). The following applies: The puppy must have a canine cardiologist perform an echogram to confirm the diagnosis.
- Breeder offers a 36-month guarantee on any puppy found to have genetic eye disease as diagnosed by a board certified veterinary ophthalmologist. The following applies: Buyer must provide ophthalmologist report confirming.
- This health guarantee also includes fatal and life altering genetic diseases adversely affecting the health of the animal, affecting the kidneys, pancreas, spine and liver.
- If the dog dies of unknown causes within 3-year time frame and the buyer choses to utilize this health guarantee, the buyer will be responsible for autopsy costs to ascertain reasons for death. The health guarantee will not be honored in these scenarios without an autopsy. WSU is preferred for this.
- This guarantee does not cover what in the Golden Retriever Breed is considered “normal” or “common”. Entropion, “loose hips”, thyroid problems, skin/environmental allergies, epilepsy or ICT.
- This guarantee does not cover any behavioral or temperament issues. We breed specifically for good temperament, to the best of our ability. Any food aggression, biting, resource guarding or any other behavior/aggression issues is not Denzil’s Goldens responsibility and will not be covered by the health guarantee, nor be reason for puppy replacement.
- Denzil’s Goldens is not responsible for any medical expenses incurred regardless if it is due to a congenital or genetic defect. Buyer is aware that owning a puppy means trips to the vet, sometimes unexpectedly.
- As of the date you will receive your puppy, he/she will have received all age appropriate wormings/vaccinations.
- You, the buyer, have been informed of this, and of the time frame for future vaccinations and wormings.
- The vaccinations we give do not cover kennel cough, parasites, or GI upsets, all which are common in puppies.
- Although our puppies are bred to AKC standards, we made no guarantees of “show quality” dogs, and will offer no replacements or refunds if coat, color or confirmation changes.
- Buyer is responsible for providing copies of all x-rays surgical reports/vet reports/consultations etc., showing congenital/genetic abnormalities before health guarantee will be honored, as well as proof of vaccinations/de-wormings and checkups on an appropriate schedule. Breeder may request documentation from the veterinarian that has seen the Golden Retriever for their lifespan, verifying appropriate weight management and other questions applicable to the ailment in question, verifying the low risk of environmental factors influencing the diagnosis.
Upon receipt of a letter to breeder from a reputable veterinarian(the veterinarian that has seen the puppy for routine care) stating that in his/her opinion this condition is genetic and life altering or deadly to the puppy in question, puppy will be replaced by a puppy of equal value at breeder’s convenience or we will refund up to 50% of the puppy purchase price-buyer’s choice. We reserve the right to have a second opinion from a veterinarian of our choosing. We also reserve the right to acquire DNA to determine the dog or puppy as one of our lineages. Breeder reserves the right to take up to 1 year to replace puppy, and seller understands that puppy may not be from same litter/pairing of parents, only of equal value. A returned puppy must be returned to the breeder within 7 business days of decision of return, at buyer’s expense. Puppy must be in satisfactory health and condition, other than prior stated genetic defect. No replacement will be given if puppy is in dissatisfactory health beyond genetic defect.
- Breeder does not guarantee color, size, championship, or temperament of any puppy.
- Breeder retains the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel this contract at any time and for any reason prior to the puppy reaching 8 weeks of age or prior to puppy pickup day, whichever is the latest date. If the Breeder opts to cancel this contract, Breeder shall refund Buyer’s deposit/reservation fee to original method of payment, within one week of said cancellation.
- Breeder makes no guarantees regarding the loss of the puppy due to accidental death, theft, sickness due to lack of vaccinations, etc., or any other loss beyond the Breeder’s control except as stated above.
- Breeder has the right to, at any time, decide to stop breeding Golden Retrievers. In this case, no replacement puppies shall be given, and this contract is null and void.
- Breeder will not refund money in whole or part for any reason other than stated in the Guarantee.
LIMITATIONS OF GUARANTEE
The Following Will Void All Guarantees:
- Allowing your dog to become obese or underfed at any time.
- Underfed: Ribs are highly visible. Ideal Body Condition: Can feel and see outline of ribs.
- Overfed: Dog has no waist when viewed from above. Belly is rounded when viewed from the side.
- Evidence of neglect or abuse.
- Previous related trauma (broken bones, related injuries, etc.)
- Dog has been bred.
- Evidence of Strenuous Exercise – for example: No treadmill, no jogging, no extensive standing on back of legs or excessive retrieving or playing on slippery floors.
- We are not responsible for accidents, negligence or poisonings.
- This guarantee is non-transferable. Puppy must be owned by the original owner named in this agreement.
- Should a dog purchased under this agreement be returned or exchanged for any reason whatsoever, the buyer/owner is responsible for all transportation expenses, veterinarian charges, crate fees, airfreight charges, and transport fees to and from the involved airports.
- There is no guarantee of money refunded when a puppy is returned by Buyer choice. Denzil’s Goldens attempts to be fair if at all possible, however, it is notable to say that responsibly re-homing a dog requires considerable effort, time and costs on the breeder’s part, to also include health costs with updating vaccinations, wormings, vet checks and more. Each situation varies, and final decision on reimbursement, if any, is made after the puppy is re-homed and final costs/time have been evaluated. If applicable or offered, reimbursement will be sent via PayPal or Venmo.
- Any dog purchased from Denzil’s Goldens, MUST be returned to us if the owner is unable to care for them. No exceptions.
- To have puppy examined within 72 hours of purchase by a licensed veterinarian to validate this guarantee. If the puppy is returned due to illness, a verified letter from the veterinarian is required and we reserve to right to verify it with a second opinion from our veterinarian within 24 hours.
- The puppy is not being purchased for resale and will never be sold to a pet shop, puppy mill or agent of the same.
- If at any time your pet is removed from the Life’s Abundance “Premium Dog Food” System (Your choice of food) before the age of 36 months, the 3-Year Hip, Elbow, Heart and Eye Guarantees specified in this contract becomes void without exceptions.
- To provide all annual vet exams and to continue all required vaccine shots and wormings as recommended by their vet. It is important the puppy has all puppy shots, and their yearly boosters as well as wormings. Failure to comply with and provide documentation of these requirements voids all guarantees.
- Buyer is to spay or neuter their dog within the first 18-24 months of age, according to the current best practice guidelines. Currently delayed spay/neuter is recommended by Denzil’s Goldens, please do not defer to your vet on this, and do your own research. Your puppy needs to have all growth plates fully developed before those hormones are taken from their body and waiting until 18-24 months (even until 1 year of age if you can’t wait that long) is extremely beneficial in many ways. We find many vets pushing neuter/spays around 6months and that is not appropriate for a large breed dog like a golden, and that is proven by large evidence-based studies. As long as you can safely contain an un-altered dog, please delay spaying and neutering. Early spay neuter without reasonable cause (defined as prior to one year of age, can be cause to void this this agreement, subject to breeder discretion, due to the significantly documented risks to Goldens). REGARDLESS, Limited Registration pets can produce no litters. Due to this, we now require proof of spay or neuter by the time your puppy turns 25 months old.
- To provide proper care & adequate housing. Buyer is to have a fenced yard or kennel if the dog will be housed outside. The Buyer will groom, train, and care for this dog in a manner consistent with high quality pet ownership. Obedience classes are recommended before the pup is 1 year old.
- The value of the pet for the purpose of this guarantee is solely the original purchase price of the pet and does not include any additional prices declared by the buyer, such as value of show dog, shipping or training fees.
- That the Buyer will return their Golden to Denzil’s Goldens if the Buyer is unable or unwilling for any reason to care for their Golden. Buyer agrees that they will never surrender their dog to a dog rescue or animal shelter. Denzil’s Goldens is to be contacted first, and immediately in the case of needing to re-home.
- This agreement shall be deemed consummated in Okanogan County and shall be governed by the laws of the state of Washington, State. If for any reason litigations should occur, the venue shall lie in Okanogan County. Breeder will not be responsible for any costs associated with this process.
Shipping of Puppy:
Pups are shipped at 8 weeks of age and will be guaranteed for up to 72 hours from shipping date. They will have had their 1st set of shots and several rounds of dewormer as well as a vet health check. Buyer is responsible for all shipping fees. Breeder shall not be responsible for death or injury of said puppy/dog due to negligence or carelessness of the Buyer, any airline, live animal carrier, it’s agents or employees.
Nutrition & Food:
Without a doubt, Life’s Abundance Dog Food and Supplements are a great combination to provide your dog with optimal health. Our puppies begin Life’s Abundance supplements when starting dry food at 4-5 weeks because of the powerful antioxidants which helps boost the immune system, creating a preventative against skin and coat problems, various forms of cancer, heart issues, arthritis, cataracts, tumors, digestive problems, allergies, and hip dysplasia. We place all of our dogs on these balanced and nutritional products and strongly recommend you continue on them through your pet’s lifetime. Because we have no control of what food products, snacks, or table foods puppies eat, having your pup on a combination of a Life’s Abundance Food of your choice and a wellness supplement ensures us that your pet will be getting a premium food and supplement provided and trusted by top breeders.
Ordering your pups “Daily Nutritional System” – Easy to follow instructions will be provided weeks in advance before your precious pet comes home!
Except as otherwise expressly provided under this Agreement, neither this Agreement nor any right or obligation hereunder may be assigned or otherwise transferred (whether voluntarily, by operation of law or otherwise), without the prior express written consent of the parties. This Agreement shall be interpreted, construed and enforced in accordance with, and the rights of parties shall be governed by, the laws of the State of Washington, excluding its choice of law rules.
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement among the parties with regard to the subject matter hereof. This Agreement supersedes all other agreements, representations or understandings (whether oral or written and whether express or implied) relating to the subject matter hereof. No provision of this Agreement may be waived, changed, terminated, modified, or discharged, orally or otherwise except by a writing signed by the party against whom the waiver, change, termination, modification, or discharge is sought to be enforced.
In the event of a dispute under this Agreement, the parties will negotiate in good faith to resolve such dispute. If a resolution is not reached among the parties within 45 days after written notice of a dispute, the dispute shall be finally settled by binding arbitration in Spokane, Washington. Such arbitration shall be conducted in accordance with the rules of the American Arbitration Association by one (1) arbitrator appointed in accordance with such rules. The arbitrator shall allow such discovery as is appropriate to the purposes of arbitration in accomplishing a fair, speedy, and cost-effective resolution of the dispute. The award of arbitration shall be final and binding upon both parties. The arbitrator will award to the prevailing party all costs, fees, and expenses related to the arbitration, including reasonable fees and expenses of attorneys incurred by the prevailing party, and judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof.
It is our sincere hope that you will enjoy your puppy for years to come! We have taken great steps to ensure that your new puppy is born to health tested parents, socialized daily, loved immensely, and is nutritionally off to a great start by eating a premium dog food and great nutritional supplements. Thank you for opening your home and your heart to care for such a special animal that will be a wonderful part of your home for years to come! We wish you the very best and invite you to send pictures and updates as often as you can into the future! A great review and word of mouth is one of the best compliments we can get. Please join our Facebook page for Denzil’s pawents, now that you are OFFICIALLY part of the Denzil’s Goldens Family!
I acknowledge that this is a legal & binding contract and have reviewed and agree to the terms listed above. 1, the buyer will maintain up to date vaccines, wormings, keep the puppy/dog in humane conditions and provide proper food, water, and shelter. Failure to follow the above contract completely will result in “A Breach of Contract” and shall make this contract null and void. 1, the buyer understand and agree to return my Denzil’s Golden to the breeders if I, the buyer am ever unable to care for said puppy. This contract applies only to the original purchaser and is not transferable. When a deposit/reservation fee is received by Denzil’s Goldens, the Purchaser automatically agrees to the terms of this contract, even if both the Breeder and the Purchaser have not yet signed the contract.
Signature of Purchaser: ___________________________________
Printed Purchaser’s Name: _________________________________
Physical Address: _______________________________________
Mailing Address: ________________________________________
Signature of Breeder: ______________________________________
Printed Breeder’s Name:____________________________________
Puppy Paid in Full: Yes/No
Puppy Name/Other Conditions: